Business Law Practice Group
Our clients rely on us to help resolve impediments, take advantage of opportunities, anticipate problems, and minimize surprises down the road.
Scarinci Hollenbeck employs a lifecycle philosophy and approach to counseling our clients. Our practice blends the broad perspective required to understand the apparent and subtle ramifications of decisions concerning the businesses of our clients, and the breadth of experience necessary to advise on the most sophisticated issues and applications of law.
We utilize that understanding and experience in providing guidance and representation to our clients in areas such as mergers, acquisitions, divestitures, commercial finance, strategic alliances, joint ventures, technology transactions, licensing, employment, shareholder relations, equity and debt offerings, creditors’ rights, and numerous other complex fields where significant depth is essential. In that context, our clients rely on us to help resolve impediments, take advantage of opportunities, anticipate problems, and minimize surprises down the road.
The corporate and commercial transactions services we provide to our clients encompass a number of areas, including:
• The formation, organization, ownership, control and dissolution of corporations, limited liability companies, partnerships, and joint ventures
• Shareholder and operating agreements
• Negotiation of contracts and agreements with vendors, suppliers, licensees, distributors, and other related entities
• Representation of the parties to and financiers of mergers, acquisitions, leveraged buyouts, and other commercial restructurings
• Corporate governance, management and control, and crisis management, including in connection with family run companies and close-corporations
• Providing advice to majority and minority owners, partners, members, employees and other business participants, and dispute resolution among business owners
• Representation of national and regional institutional lenders and borrowers in commercial lending transactions
• Negotiation and counseling regarding labor relations and employment law
• Public and private securities stock offerings Representation of creditors in bankruptcy and other contexts
• Intellectual property counseling and the protection of proprietary rights
• Technology transfers, licensing and computer law, and the procurement of computer systems.
In addition to the broad base of knowledge and experience our business law attorneys possess, we employ an interdisciplinary perspective and closely interact with the other practice groups throughout the firm to service our clients. Such an approach is vital, as structuring commercial transactions or counseling companies is rarely straightforward. In that regard, our corporate attorneys are alert to subtle tax ramifications requiring the advice of our firm’s tax attorneys, exposure of clients to environmental liability and working with our firm’s environmental group to assess and address such concerns, and circumstances which warrant consultation with our firm’s litigation team. Working together, our practice groups seamlessly provide effective solutions for all of our clients’ corporate commercial concerns.